Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule | Registration | Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education | Patient Education | Vision | Research Group | Science | Orthodontics | Laboratory | Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us | Partners | Dr. Chan’s Blogs
“Complexity happens when foundational principles are ignored and improperly applied”.
– Clayton A. Chan, D.D.S.
Complexity – the state or quality of being intricate or complicated. synonyms: complication, problem, difficulty; twist, turn, intricacy.
Principles – a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief’s or behavior’s or for a chain of reasoning.
Examples of Fundamental Truths:
1. Great success is often preceded by failure.
2. Your mistakes pave the way for you to succeed by revealing when you’re on the wrong path.
3. Success takes patience and the ability to maintain a good attitude even while suffering for what you believe in.
4. Success doesn’t come from movement and activity. It comes from focus.
5. You should strive to surround yourself with people who inspire you, people who make you want to be better. And you probably do. But what about the people who drag you down? Why do you allow them to be a part of your life?
6. You are not a victim of circumstance. No one can force you to make decisions and take actions that run contrary to your values and aspirations.
7. Your future is entirely up to you.
8. Fear is the #1 source of regret.
9. You don’t have to wait for an apology to forgive.
10. The negative emotions that come with holding on to a grudge create a stress response in your body, and holding on to stress can have devastating health consequences.
11. Your self-worth must come from within.
12. Life is short.
Asking the hard questions can be extremely uncomfortable. But we don’t learn and grow by sticking with what’s comfortable.
A Fundamental Truth: Homeostasis – A state of neutrality…where physiologic health and recovery begins.
To Read More: PHYSIOLOGIC REST – A Key to Effective Diagnosis and Treatment
- Relating GNM Occlusal Treatment to the Diagnostic Craniomandibular Classifications
- Postural Alignment: Chan’s Dental Model
- What does Stable Mean – TMJ Lingo or Scientific Basis?
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950
Leader in Gneuromuscular and Neuromuscular Dentistry