Home | About OC | Continuing Education | Course Schedule|Registration|Accommodations | About Dr. Chan | Study Club | Doctor Education| Patient Education | Vision | Research Group |Science |Orthodontics|Laboratory| Dr. Chan’s Articles | GNM Dentistry | Contact Us
- Day 1 – we do diagnostic data gathering,
- Day 2 – we take the optimized bite,
- Day 3 – I personally make my patients custom orthotic.
- Day 4 – I deliver GNM orthotic and fine tune the orthotic following micro occlusion protocols, making sure the patient is comfortable and the orthotic is adjusted as precise as it could be so they can fly back the next day.
Depending on each patient and the severity of their pain symptoms, I recommend my TMD patients return 1 month later for the first follow up orthotic adjustment (that is most ideal if they can do it) otherwise will be 2 months from the initial orthotic delivery visit. Thereafter, depending on their situation it could be 2-3 months and then 3-4 months after that. After that they would come in when they need adjustment which could be 4-6 months or even longer depending on their need.
Most of my patients are able to be symptom free and pain free after 1 year of treatment. Some severe cases take longer. But they don’t have to come in as frequent compared to when they first started wearing the orthotic. All patients experience improvement after 24-48 hours generally wearing the well adjusted and fine tuned GNM orthotic (24/7). All these follow up visits are done in 1 day visit only. For me, I spend a lot of time fine tuning and adjusting the GNM orthotic so it is precise it could be. That is why my patients do not need to return weekly.
Read more on:
- GNM Optimized
- ® Optimized Bite and the Chan Optimized Bite™ education and training – Leader in Bite Optimization
- Initial Treatment Protocol
9061 West Post Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89148 United States Telephone: (702) 271-2950