- Failure to define the type of TM disorder being studied.
- Failure to distinguish between intracapsular and myalgic disorders.
- Failure to specify the exact position and condition of the condyle-disk assemblies when studying the relationship of occlusion to the TMJs.
- Failure to specify the method used to achieve the selected position of the TMJs.
- Failure to verify the intended joint position was actually achieved and accurately recorded.
- Failure to consider damage to collateral structures when treating only symptoms.
Clayton’s Dictum ~
“OBJECTIVE AND MEASURED DATA IS THE SIMPLIST DETERMINING FACTOR IN ARBITRATING CONFLICTING SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS.”
Leaders in Gneuromuscular & Neuromuscular Dentistry